Information about events will appear here once finalised.
Annual General Meeting and Garden Party with IPSE at Windmill House
This is a pleasant social day when we meet in Windmill House garden.
We start with coffee and IPSE-style chat; at midday have a meeting to discuss our activities and policy for the future.
Lunch follows - then we look at work and have plenty of discussion.
Coffee, tea and biscuits provided, but please bring your own lunch and some bright ideas for next year.
- Date: 17 August 2019
- Time: Anytime between 10am and 5 pm.
- Venue: Windmill House
- Cost: Free.
A Week-end with Gerry Badger at Micklepage
More details will appear here when available.
Option to arrive Friday evening.
- Date: From 28 September 2019 to 29 September 2019
- Time: 9.30 for 10.00 start each day until 5.00pm on Sunday.
- Venue: Micklepage
- Cost: £150 members (£170 non-members).
A Day with Jennifer Reeves at Bolney Chapel
Jennifer works for the V & A. She curates the photobooks collection at the National Art Library and also is involved in looking after the Royal Photographic Society Library since the transfer of the RPS collections to the V&A.
She will cover 3 topics:
1. The history of collecting photographic books at the V&A, from the 1850s to the 1930s, discussing examples of different movements and technological innovations that are present in the NAL collection.
2. The development of contemporary photobooks 1950-2019, again with examples of material available in the collection.
3. A roundup of a selection of the major photobook shows this year (Offprint/Arles/Aarhus Photobook Week/New York Art Book Fair etc) and/or a short introduction to the RPS library.
With regards the afternoon session; As a Librarian she is particularly interested in photobooks that intersect with the book form, whether that be through layout (to control pace and create juxtapositions), binding (to physically guide or affect the viewer's experience of the images), paper types (to highlight changes in theme), or ink (to create visual metaphors) so she has set an optional topic of: Photo-Books, the interaction of image and form.
Don't forget your packed lunch!
- Date: 9 November 2019
- Time: 9:30 for 10:30 start.
- Venue: Bolney Chapel
- Cost: £25